(Yesterday, 02:44 PM)matsunosuperfan Wrote: On SkydivingWhile I like the connections of rich to bored, and bored to death, skydiving throws me off, statistically any thing can kill with a one shot, mountain climbing, skiing, scuba diving, all recreationally expensive to keep up as hobbies, you'd have to be rich to do it regularly, but I've known plenty of people I wouldn't consider rich to save up enough money for a jump (or two) and I wouldn't necessarily think they chose that out of boredom.
Every day I wake up
feeling grateful
I’m not rich
because
this means I have no risk
of dying
just because
I’m bored
I'm picturing teenagers car surfing (extremely dangerous), or throwing eggs at mean ole ranchers house til he pulls out a shotgun, just reckless cheap boredom, then being rich has more resources and access to more dangerous adventures like touring the Titanic, mutating genetics, and sure skydiving regularly.
The key is the 'I's imagination of what they're capable of and what they consider risky. Being poor is almost a death sentence itself. Thanks for posting, lots to think about
Peanut butter honey banana sandwiches

