6 hours ago
(04-04-2025, 10:50 PM)alonso ramoran Wrote: Song of the CascochaHello Alonso, this is beatuiful. To my read a communion with a lost lover through communion with nature, a connection with something bigger than oneself.
Seeing with the mark of the abyss,
that all-absorbing pupil yet ignorant, This line is a weak point in the poem for me. It's much more theoretical than the rest of the poem which is always relating to some physical image. I'm not sure what to make of it - it makes me ponder and I kind of like it, but don't really know what it means and think it might be better if it were just removed or changed?
the sunlight touches what distracts me
from the longer struggle,
the slower movement
towards your knowing.
Until then, beloved, we and the sky
and the land are dreams
shifting crimson, cerulean,
green. Do you hear me in the leaves? I think shifting is better than bending into - more concise, and makes the colours more of the focus. It is a very large metaphor - planetary movement, changing seasons and time, you've presented it nicely.
I call from shadow, in the musk of dry earth
and brittle things relinquished like dead poems
before the time of rain. Imagining,
by your response, the flight
under the golden trumpets
of guayacanes, I am here,
your chimera returned from nothing. The change in line breaks and removing first improve the poem imo.

