Tombstone
#1
I still come here to this graveyard
although they've never placed a tombstone for you.
I remember the flowers that once bloomed
and just sitting here scented in their truth.
I still laugh at our happy memories
and cry at your tenderness.
Maybe it's true love never dies,
either way I won't forget.
I still get lost in your picture
but never truly knowing becomes a madness too.
All those stars they still glimmer
just another of my kisses missing you.
I've got an attic full of paintings
and love I can't undo.
For I could dig a thousand graves
but my heart can't seem to bury this one truth...
I've never gotten over you.
I build these monuments of words
on cliffs overlooking all my sadness.
Some day I may simply jump,
for I know I'll never truly understand this.
But for now I'll just wander back here
and leave another single rose
to the girl who stole my heart
and a love which never goes
HD
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Tombstone - by Harryd - Yesterday, 02:45 PM
RE: Tombstone - by CRNDLSM - 11 hours ago



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!