4 hours ago
Who knows when Death might come?
after Rowens
I was at a Bob Dylan concert, this was in the 90s when
we all didn't have phones. He wouldn't come out
on stage (palm tree, lightning). I asked the woman
mixing drinks if I could get drinks with cash. She said
No you have to put your money through the machine
and get a card. I said what if I have no ID, I didn't want
to go through all the trouble having her mix a drink
(I just say put in all the hard stuff) only to be carded.
She said she couldn't serve me. By now I was feeling
honestly a bit depressed, the booze was no big deal
but does there always have to be another goddamn
hill? I asked her if I hadn't said the thing about not
having ID, would she have asked for it. She said she
couldn't tell me that.
after Rowens
I was at a Bob Dylan concert, this was in the 90s when
we all didn't have phones. He wouldn't come out
on stage (palm tree, lightning). I asked the woman
mixing drinks if I could get drinks with cash. She said
No you have to put your money through the machine
and get a card. I said what if I have no ID, I didn't want
to go through all the trouble having her mix a drink
(I just say put in all the hard stuff) only to be carded.
She said she couldn't serve me. By now I was feeling
honestly a bit depressed, the booze was no big deal
but does there always have to be another goddamn
hill? I asked her if I hadn't said the thing about not
having ID, would she have asked for it. She said she
couldn't tell me that.

