Sweet Brown on Apartment Fire (prev. bronchitis!)
#2
(Yesterday, 08:44 AM)CRNDLSM Wrote:  Lord Jesus, it's hot outside, ain't 
it? Streets are empty, nobody
nowhere. No air here neither, got
me sweatin' death whole summertime!
Cravin' me a cold pop before
the sickness gets me, thankful that

Lord Jesus knows what is and that
smellin' of BarBQ'n ain't 
someone cookin'. Wonder 'what for',
but each their own, no nobody
say you can't grill meat anytime.
You don't know how lucky I got!

Lord Jesus there's a fire! It got 
so hot so fast, flames so high that
the sky turned black. I'd turn back time
to at least have grabbed my shoes, ain't 
that funny? There ain't nobody
leavin' their shoes home in a foyer!

Lord Jesus battlin' Lucifer
with the smoke out here, but I got 
Bronchitis, and mine ol' body
not ready to give up yet! That
and a cold pop waitin' what ain't 
save my life. Said 'its not my time!'

Lord Jesus said its not my time!
I ran out the house, prayin' for
my life! All the angels and saints
lookin' o'er me, but the smoke got
me! Barefoot! Couldnt breathe! And that
fire alarm go'n off nobody

Lord Jesus, sleepin', nobody
'cept them kids in the sunmertime
stayin' up all hours. Wouldn't that
do it? Barbq'n at 4
in the morning, pass'n out, G.O.T.
on the TV or somethin'? Ain't 

it a bunch of dumb kids bein'
dumb? I just wanted a cold pop!
Ain't nobody got time for that!
It reads very low effort, like someone just showed the author the sestina form and they said "that looks easy, watch this!"

I don't see much development, most of the stanzas feel the same. The repetition becomes a drone. The dialect feels put on.

I have no idea what this poem is trying to describe or convey.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: I got bronchitis! - by matsunosuperfan - Yesterday, 11:30 AM
RE: I got bronchitis! - by CRNDLSM - 10 hours ago



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!